Monday, December 17, 2012

I'm in love with a singer called Catcall

I saw the delightful Catcall on Saturday night at Sydney hipster hotspot the GoodGod club. Catcall was promoting the vinyl release of her debut album - The Warmest Place. The album has been one of 2012's best albums for me, full of understated pop-tastic tunes. I don't really understand why the album has not been more successful. What is wrong with the Australian record-buying public?? Catcall played most of the album on Saturday night in a 45 minute set and the highlights for me were The World is Ours and Satellites.
She mashed up Scrubs by TLC with one of the tracks which was totes cool (sorry I can't remember which one). There was a great vibe in the Danceteria as everyone bopped away to the tunes (lets just forget about those slight issues with the sound - shall we). I bought a copy being the vinyl addict that I am. Catcall has personally signed each album, bless her cotton socks. She now has an online store selling copies of the album on vinyl plus other limited edition merch. Check it out here.

And for something different but samesame- Catcall appeared on Triple J's Like a Version back in July and sang Phoenix's 1901. See it below my fellow music luvers!

No comments:

Post a Comment