Saturday, April 21, 2012

Today is 2012 RECORD STORE DAY

Today is 2012 Record Store Day where music and vinyl lovers get to celebrate the joy of purchasing music, whether that be a CD or vinyl from your local record store.There are UNIQUE special releases just for today from a cavalcade of artists from around the world.  There is a strong focus on vinyl (or as my brother-in law likes to call them - Liquorice Pizzas) but there are also some special cd releases to enjoy. 

I will be heading down to Red Eye Records in Sydney to see if I can get the 7inch of Bat for Lashes cover of Depeche Mode's STRANGELOVE. Other special releases on my hit list include the David Bowie STARMAN 7inch Picture Disc. Oooooh I love a Picture Disc. They are releasing the soundtrack to Pretty in Pink on Pink Vinyl. OMG!!!  Luscious Lana Del Rey get's in on the act by releasing BORN TO DIE on 7inch too. You can watch the Official Film for 2012 Record Store Day below:

You can see my previous post about 2012 Record Store Day.

WHATEVER YOU DO TODAY, GO TO YOUR LOCAL RECORD STORE AND BUY SOME MUSIC!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment