Thursday, January 10, 2013

Call Me Definitely Go-Go's

I've got a very BIG soft spot for Belinda Carlisle. I loved her in the Go-Go's, I loved her solo career and I just love whatever she does. I recently came across a link on Twitter about the Go-Go's covering that God awful Carly Rae Jepsen song - CALL ME MAYBE. I wondered over to utubes and listened to it and now I love that song. When Carly Rae sings it, its kinda boppy and sacharin sweet annoying. The Go-Go's cover has rocking guitars and of course BELINDA! The song was performed on the US Go-Go's tour which took place last year. I wonder if they'll record it? FYI - It was one of Rolling Stone Magazine's favourite cover versions of 2012. Check it out.

The Go-Go's Website

The Go-Go's Facebook

Belinda's Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment