Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I'm off to see Bat for Lashes and I can't wait to hear Laura

I'm off to see Bat for Lashes tomorrow night and I can't wait to hear LAURA. LAURA which was the lead single from the Bats 3rd album The Haunted Man, and also one of my favourite tracks of 2012. I am very excited to be seeing Natasha Khan in the comforts of the Enmore Theatre in Sydney.
Bat for Lashes is kind of a mish mash of various genres of music. She's moody, atmospheric, part tribal, an electronica queen. Lots of beats with a lovely voice to boot. I like her uniqueness in today's bland world of pop. In some ways she reminds me of the Kate Bush and sometimes Bjork. I also like the fact that she released a cover of Depeche Mode's STRANGELOVE for Record Store Day last year. You can listen to it below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment