Saturday, February 18, 2012

Whitney Forever

Whitney Houston's funeral will take place today (USA time), 18 February 2012 at 12pm. It will be streamed live on the Livestream website. This post is about remembering WHITNEY HOUSTON and some of her best songs. Now lets keep things in perspective here. I loved Whitney but only if i was in a club dancing or in an aerobics class or driving on a highway with the music turned up loud (which i'm not likely to do as i don't know how to drive) but you get the gist! Some of the best times have been dancing to those fantastic POP songs. If i am in a contemplative frame of mind, the last song i want to listen to is "I'LL BE YOUR BABY TONIGHT"! No offence but lets keep it real sista! So Whitney, you'll never be forgotten but most of all on the dancefloor. You made some of the best pop songs ever and your voice was unsurpassed until you met that good for nothing Bobby! Girl you know its true! The saddest thing about Whitney was losing that heavenly voice. Her run of Number 1's in USA in the late 1980's is still unbroken. Amazing. So here they are my definitive Whitney tracks. Whitney may you R.I.P. girl!

Whitney Houston!

SO EMOTIONAL
This is a stomper from her 2nd album Whitney. I love the opening line "I don't know why i like you, I just do".


HOW WILL I KNOW
A single from her first album. Have you seen a bigger bow than that? This is pure bubblegum pop!

SAVING ALL MY LOVE FOR YOU
One of her biggest hits from her first album. Here is Whitney performing SAVING ALL MY LOVE FOR YOU at the 1986 Grammy Awards and then winning the award for BEST POP FEMALE VOCAL. She hugs Dionne Warwick for the longest time! So cute!

I WANNA DANCE WITH SOMEBODY
The first single from her 2nd album Whitney. This was Number 1 for 5 weeks in Australia and just about every other country in the pop universe. The success of her second album really cemented her popularity across the world.
Other Honourable mentions:
All THE MAN THAT I NEED
IF I TOLD YOU THAT duet with George Michael
MILLION DOLLAR BILL
I'M EVERY WOMAN (cover of Chaka Khan's song)

No comments:

Post a Comment