Friday, March 30, 2012

I'm off to see Duran Duran

Sorry to be quiet of late but life/work has got the best of me this past week. This is a quick post to share my excitement about seeing Duran Duran this weekend in the Hunter Valley. Also looking forward to getting away for the weekend and visiting some wineries (already have a dinner and boutique food and wine tour booked). I think the reason I am excited is that I think the ALL YOU NEED IS NOW album is one of the best albums they have made for a long time. So many amazing songs. I am glad they are singing THE MAN WHO STOLE A LEOPARD which is my favourite song on the album. I am hoping that they will also sing MEDITTERANEA but don't think thats going to happen. I was hoping to do some more posts on Duran Duran this week including my Top 17 Duran songs but that will have to wait for another day. I will of course write a detailed post about the concert next week. In the meantime you can revisit my Duran Devotion post.
Here are some cool Duran performances of late. Starting with an amazing performance of NOTORIOUS featuring the one and only Beth Ditto from The Gossip from the Duran Duran UNSTAGED concert directed by David Lynch
From the same concert, FRIENDS OF MINE which was an album track from their first LP - DURAN DURAN which I absolutely love. A classic! 
Here is another early track which is also one of my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE DURAN DURAN SONGS - THE CHAUFFEUR. This was an album track on the RIO album. I ask you, who could possibly make a song like this in 2012? This is from when Duran appeared on SONGBOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment