Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The WONDER of Stephen Merritt and The Magnetic Fields

I know my posts of late have been musically schizophrenic of late, thats what being sick does to you and  I don't think its going to end anytime soon. One minute I'm posting about pop princess Kylie Minogue and the next indie superstars! Today while waiting to go to the doctor, I popped into a local op/charity shop and went through the CD's and found the PIECES OF APRIL (original soundtrack) by STEPHEN MERRITT for $3 also known as THE MAGNETIC FIELDS (bargain!). My friend in the States had made me a copy of this CD after I told him I loved the film (Thankyou Rudolph).
 
Then just now, I was on the Guardian Music website and  I was reading their 20 bands to watch at the SXSW Music Festival in Austin which is currently on and The Magnetic Fields were listed. It seems its a Stephen Merritt kind of day. The Magnetic Fields have released a new album LOVE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. I haven't purchased it yet but one of the songs off it ANDREW IN DRAG is pretty cool with some funny lyrics. Enjoy.
Love at the Bottom of the Sea 

No comments:

Post a Comment