Wednesday, January 18, 2012

7 Facts about MDNA and me

1. I first heard of Madonna in 1984 when my older brother had borrowed her debut album 'Madonna' from the library. This was around the time of BORDERLINE. That album is still a pop masterpiece.


2. I bought every Madonna single on 7inch from 1985 to 1990 (then they stopped making records in Australia).
3. I bought Madonna on the cover of Time and Rolling Stone with my birthday money in 1985. I was 13 years old.
4. I camped out to buy tickets in Adelaide for the Girlie Show tour. I saw her in Adelaide and Melbourne on that tour. Whilst in Melbourne, me and a friend went to her hotel to stalk her and obviously try to meet her. We also went to a chemist close to her hotel where we saw 'Mama Makeup', her makeup artist from 'In Bed with Madonna'. It was a moment.
5. I didn't go to Madonna's Confessions tour in London as I was outraged at the ticket prices. It was another momentary lapse of reason. Its Madonna. JUST GO! I did see her live in London in 2001 and 2004 though.
6. My favourite Madonna album is Confessions on a Dancefloor.
Back of a woman with fiery red hair and wearing a pink leotard. Her legs are stretched apart and she wears pink colored shoes with heels. Her left hand is stretched right out and she tilts her head back while supporting herself with her right hand. The backdrop reveals small colored circles like a disco ball. On the image, the word "Madonna" is written in capital pink-and-white stripes. Beneath it, the words "Confessions on a Dance Floor" is written in white flowing script.
7. I didn't buy the Madonna Sex book.

To finish this post here is Madonna backstage after her recent Golden Globes win for 'Best Song' MASTERPIECE with lots of random questions from the Foreign Press.

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Why am I not surprised about 7...
    Here's my 7 for what it's worth:

    1 I think I am the only person who loves Bedtime Stories
    2 I think I am the only person who doesn't love Ray Of Light
    3 My favourite Madonna video is Like A Virgin
    4 My favourite Madonna album is Like A Virgin
    5 My favourite Madonna single is Into The Groove
    6 Madonna is a shit actress but I still love Desperately Seeking Susan
    7 I bought the Sex book on the first day of release

    Jimbo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Love it Jimbo! Great comment! I agree with Number 2! How can you not love Ray of Light??? I agree with 5 and 6. I want the Sex book now!

    ReplyDelete